No matter how nice you make the accommodations for your customers, nothing will replace cleanliness for your guests. If your guest notices one small thing that was missed from your Airbnb cleaning company, they’ll let you know that your cleaning is not up to par. Whether you are cleaning your Airbnb yourself or hiring an Airbnb cleaning service, you should have an Airbnb cleaning checklist.
What should you include in your Airbnb cleaning checklist? Here are some tips to help you hire the right Airbnb cleaning company. We’ll base this on a couple of different categories. The first being the Vacation rental.
Vacation Rental Cleaning Checklist
Cleanliness is a crucial factor when renting an Airbnb. This can make or break your business with Airbnb reviews. Here’s how your Airbnb cleaning service gets your property spotless.
- Inspect your property and remove all things left behind by the customer
- Wash towels, wash cloths and bed sheets and blankets
- Clean the kitchen from head to toe. (countertops, dishes, toaster, coffee pot, etc.)
- Dust the furniture and all other surfaces
- Sweep, Vacuum and mop the floors
- Clean toilets, sinks, showers, tubs
- Wipe countertops, door handles, and all light switches
- Take out all trash
- Restock any ammenitites you provide in your Airbnb (coffee, trash bags, paper towels, soap, shampoo, and dish soap)
- Walk through the whole Airbnb and double check everything (check it off the list as you walk through).
The ingredients for success with your Airbnb are a precise cleaning team and the timeliness of your guest’s arrival.
If you don’t hire a professional Airbnb cleaning company like Upper Valley cleaning, here are some items you will need to get the job done right. These tools and cleaning products will help you to get your Airbnb ready for the next customer.
- A vacuum for floors and carpet
- microfiber cloths
- glass cleaner
- wood cleaner and polish
- dishwashing soap
- foaming shower cleaning
- toilet brush
- disinfectant for germ prone areas
- toilet brush
- several scrub pads
Professional House Cleaners Checklist
What else could you include in your Airbnb checklist? We reached out to other professional cleaners in the rental market and here’s what they suggested.
A well-furnished kitchen is one of the biggest reasons that guests choose Airbnb over a hotel.
- Wipe down and disinfect the outside of all the appliances, worktops, drawers, and cupboards
- Clean all the utensils – run them through the dishwasher if you have one
- Clean the stove
- Clean hoods and vents
- Wipe down the microwave inside and out
- Wipe down the inside of the refrigerator
- Clean the sink and sink drain
- Throw out leftover food
- Replace the dirty garbage bag with a clean one
- Clean windows and mop the floors
Cleaning Living Rooms
Your guest will use the living spaces, make sure they are uncluttered.
- Dust all surfaces and polish wood furniture
- Disinfect light switches and all remotes
- Vacuum all sofas and under furniture
- Mop hard-surface floors and vacuum all rugs
- Clean away all cobwebs
- Clean windows
- Dust baseboards and moldings
Nobody wants to stay in a place that has a dirty bathroom. Make sure it’s spotless!
- Sanitize and clean toilet
- Clean and sanitize sinks, tub, and/or shower
- Make the faucet and the mirror shine with a window cleaner
- Clean tile surfaces and grout
- Clear the tub/shower drain from hair or blockages
- Change/launder bathroom linen
Any short-term property rental should rate at a 5-star hotel for spotlessness. It is crucial to make your Airbnb clean, welcoming, stocked with amenities so guests will want to come back for years to come.