Spring Cleaning In White River Junction
The first sign of spring is always a very hopeful and exciting occasion… until you remember that spring brings. (what seems like), the never-ending process of spring cleaning. It’s time to clean that “stuffy inside” smell that your house lets off after a long winter. Open your windows! Who knows, it may help circulate the smell of that new coat of paint or brand new furniture too. Although it’s occasionally a painful, dreaded process, spring cleaning can be an opportunity for growth and change. The professional cleaners at Upper Valley Cleaning LLC serve the White River Junction area, and they want to help you spring into the season with a house that feels like new.
It may seem impossible to get your home out of its winter hibernation state and back into its sunny, “company welcome” self. Here are just a few tips and tricks to welcome in the sunshine and the chance for change.
- Nothing ruins a stellar meal faster than the smell that it leaves in the garbage disposal during the clean-up. Banish that odorous buzz kill by dropping a few lemon rinds in the disposal and let the cold water chase it down.
- A lot touches your kitchen counters… A LOT. From raw meat, muddy cleats, and even dirty diapers, your counters can become a cesspool of bacteria. It’s important to keep the grime and bacteria free. Combine four tablespoons of baking soda and one quart of warm water together in a spray bottle and wipe down with a sponge to make those counters squeaky clean.
- Wood floors can transform any room so elegantly, and they eliminate the constant chore of vacuuming. But how do you keep them looking nice and scuff-free? Tennis balls and socks are great at buffing floors and removing small scuffs. Tougher, larger scuffs can be removed with a damp cloth and baking soda. Just remember to clean off the baking soda residue with a wet paper towel and dry with another.
- Little kids can bring such a fun atmosphere to your home, and although their art is beautiful, it looks better framed or on the fridge rather than marking up your walls. Lucky enough, toothpaste works great on walls covered in markers. You could also use a damp rag with baking soda to remove little hands’ artwork.
- Perhaps one of the most used rooms in any location -including your home- is the bathroom. ¾ cups of bleach to one gallon of water with a bristled brush can help bring your bathroom back to its shining glory.
- Don’t go through the hassle or money to increase your water pressure in your shower, chances are your shower head just needs to be cleaned. Equal parts white vinegar to warm water in a bag does the job. Tie the bag around the shower head or secure it with a twisty tie and let it work its magic.
- Pesky stains on windows and mirrors that refuse to leave can have you wasting your time all day long trying to get rid of them. Coffee filters -because of their lint-free composition- out rank paper towels in the list of best products to shine your windows with.
- Is your shower curtain smelly or covered in musty water stains? Plastic or vinyl shower curtains can be thrown in the washing machine with a little laundry detergent and come out just like new. You might even consider throwing in a few extra towels in to create more wash resistance for your curtain.
Although lengthy and a bit of a hassle, spring cleaning will leave you much happier knowing (and smelling) that your home is clean and ready for the warmth. Let the professionals at Upper Valley Cleaning LLC get your White River Junction home -and neighborhood- spring ready FOR you!