As a professional cleaning service in Lebanon NH and business owner, we see that there’s a distinct correlation between how sterile your office is, employee absenteeism due to illness, and overall productivity. Contact with bacteria in the company kitchen, office, bathrooms and even your office elevator can lead to health conditions such as fatigue, allergies, asthma, a compromised immune system, headaches, dizziness, respiratory issues, and several other conditions.
Maintaining a healthy sanitized office building is therefore of utmost importance if you want healthy employees and a thriving business. Consulting a professional cleaning service is a great option for keeping your office space clean. In fact, professional office cleaning has now become a priority sincePricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) identified the alarmingly large number of employee absenteeism due to illness. Here’s a look at how regularly scheduled office cleaning could benefit the health of your employees, the benefits of selecting a professional cleaning service as opposed to DIY, as well as how to choose the right service.
Benefits of a Clean Working Environment for Employees
A cleaner working environment reduces stress and improves mental health. A clean environment has a positive psychological effect on employees. It boosts morale, mood and creates a better sense of wellbeing for employees when the workplace is organized and clean. Employees tend to be more relaxed when there’s less chaos in their surroundings, as a dirty office can be quite distracting.
Hiring the services of a local professional cleaning company can improve the physical health of your employees. Dirty surfaces are often riddled with harmful germs and bacteria that can cause and spread contagious diseases amongst employees. In your kitchen, you’ll find these harmful bacteria in the sink, on the countertops, the faucets, as well as the kettle, utensils, and drawer handles. The most commonly affected area in your office building affected by germs is your restroom. This is where employees could become susceptible to hepatitis A, E Coli, staphylococcus, salmonella and bacteria derived from fecal matter. Hiring a cleaning service will help eradicate the risk your employees face of becoming infected with these illnesses. The cleaning should also include the elevator, as the buttons; comprise thousands of bacteria per square inch.
Benefits of Professional Janitorial Services Versus DIY
DIY cleaning can be therapeutic at times, but commercial cleaning is usually done more efficiently by a professional cleaning service. Here are some of the advantages of choosing a professional to clean your office building.
- It leaves you with more time to tend to the business of running your business when you let someone else do the cleaning.
- Professionals have more skills, training and ‘know how’, especially for jobs that require non-toxic cleaners for cleaning floors, appliances and carpets.
- A professional cleaning service has all the necessary equipment such as special tools and steam cleaners, tailored specifically for office cleaning.
- Tackling your office space may be too large a task for you to consider DIY cleaning. You may also not be able to clean it yourself as often as what a professional cleaning service company may be able to.
- DIY office cleaning may be strictly out of the question for you if you suffer from physical ailments that make it challenging or impossible for you to bend, or lift heavy objects. Hiring the services of a professional cleaning service would, therefore, be necessary here.
Who To Choose
Choosing the right commercial cleaning service is therefore of utmost importance for the wellbeing of your employees, as well as your company’s productivity. For best results, always look for a service that includes scheduling, dusting, mopping, garbage disposal, windows, restrooms, vacuuming, carpet cleaning, as well as post-move-in and post-renovation cleaning.
- An ounce of prevention goes a long way in preventing employee illnesses in the workplace.
- Don’t brave it alone, DIY is great, but the professionals are pros at killing germs.
- Take a look at your companies productivity and profitability by assessing employee sick days and your workplace environment.
- Make your employees health a priority and you will become a workplace superhero.
Do you need a janitorial expertise?
Call 603-448-2834 or to be contacted by a cleaning expert please click the button.