One of the most common questions asked of janitorial services is, “How often does this need to be cleaned?” When it comes to keeping a clean and healthy work environment in any type of office building in White River Junction, the truth is that not one cleaning schedule works for every facility. There are many different factors to be considered when determining how often janitorial services are required. Here are some things that we at Upper Valley Cleaning want you to keep in mind when determining a cleaning schedule that will work for your business:
Age and Condition of the Building
Every building, regardless of age, requires adequate cleaning to extend the life of the building. However, older buildings may require more cleanings due to deterioration of building materials that can attribute to dust and other particles settling on floors and surfaces. Generally, buildings that are in good condition are in good condition because they have had regular upkeep, which includes cleaning.
Different types of business require different cleaning schedules. Here is a breakdown of some different types of business:
- Small Business – Small businesses are the backbone of America, and require cleaning to keep their buildings looking great and appealing for both customers and staff.
- Education – More comprehensive cleaning approaches are used in education facilities to help protect the health of students and staff, and restore and extend the life of carpets and other materials.
- Healthcare – Healthcare facilities require special attention and training to properly clean and disinfect surfaces to prevent the spread of disease and keep patients and staff safe.
- Restaurants and Retail – Retail establishments are often highly trafficked, and consequently tend to be highly soiled. These types of facilities require constant attention to maintain a clean, inviting, and friendly environment for customers and staff.
- Gyms and Sports Facilities – Sports facilities and gyms have a constant stream of high traffic across floors and carpets. These areas need constant maintenance to reduce the spread of germs, maintain the life of the materials, and promote your business in a healthy environment.
Frequency of Use
Business and buildings that do not receive a lot of foot traffic may not require the same type of cleaning schedule as businesses that receive many customers in a day. Keeping in mind how trafficked the area is will help determine an adequate cleaning schedule for required needs.
Building, offices, and rooms that are exposed to harmful contaminants (like clinics) will require more cleaning than those that do not. Certain health requirements must be met and maintained for some business to stay in operation, like restaurants and hair salons, and so they may require different cleaning schedules and techniques. Health codes and other health concerns will be a huge factor in determining how often janitorial services are needed.
The truth is, there are no set-in-stone rules for general office cleaning in terms of frequency. Daily office cleaning by janitorial staff will more than likely suffice in most cases, unless a restaurant or medical facility which have to meet specific cleaning standards. Daily maintenance cleaning services will help keep your commercial property clean, while more specialized cleaning services and floor care services may also be required. At Upper Valley Cleaning, we understand that every customer is unique and every building requires different needs. We will meet with our customers first, to determine their needs, and then formulate a comprehensive plan to clean your establishment. We have extensive experience providing janitorial services to a range of business throughout White River Junction and the surrounding community. We will work with you to develop a customized janitorial service plan to meet your specific needs.